Finishing School is a new venture in the field of Professional Education. The CAPE Finishing School(SKDC) offers training and consultancy services to corporate and other organisations.
With the mission of producing world class professionals in the fields of engineering, medicine and management, the Co-operative Academy of Professional Education (CAPE) has successfully established in Kerala nine engineering colleges, one business school,a finishing school, and a hospital within a short span of ten years. CAPE is a collective educational endeavour in the co-operative sector in the state under Government of Kerala, Department of Co-operation and having autonomous status. The Hon’ble Chief Minister of Kerala, is the Ex-officio Chairman of CAPE charitable society and the Hon’ble Minister for Co-operation is the Chairman of its Board of Governors.
The Kerala Institute of Making the Best (KIMB) Presently named Skill and Knowledge Development Centre(SKDC) was started in April 20, 2009 at the premise of College of Engineering and Management. Later it was shifted to the new building on February 14, 2011 .The KIMB is located at about 5 km South of Alleppey town which is known as the “Venice of East” surrounded by the beautiful backwaters and green paddy field. The distance from K.S.R.T.C Bus Station to KIMB is 5 km and to Railway station is 4.5 km.
As per the government of Kerala Gazette notification No.KL/TV (N) /12/2009 – 2011 – 2427 Vol.55, Thiruvananthapuram dated November 02,2010 the KIMB has been declared as an approved training center for the employees of Co-operative Sector. During 2009-2016, KIMB has organized 125 training programmes for 3744 participants.
Click for more information
• Ph.D(Quality Assessment of Engineering Programmes), Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore – 2006.
• M E (Production Engineering), PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore, 1989.
• B Tech(Mechanical Engineering), Kerala University Thiruvananthapuram, 1986.
• MCA, Bharathiyar University, Coimbatore, 2013.
• MBA (Information Systems), Bharathiyar University, Coimbatore, 2009.
• Level 5 Certificate, Leadership and Management, Chartered Management Institute (CMI) United Kingdom, 2016.
• College of Engineering Kidangoor, Principal, 19.10.2015 – 03.03.2022.
• College of Engineering & Management Punnapra, Principal, 18.02.2015 - 18.10.2015.
• Institute of Management & Technology, Punnapra, Director (Full additional Charge), 27.05.2015 - 30.06.2015.
• Kerala Institute of Making the Best, Punnapra, Director (Full additional Charge), 27.05.2015 - 30.06.2015.
• N S S College of Engineering Palakkad, Professor, 01.01.2009 - 16.02.2015.
• N S S College of Engineering Palakkad, Associate Professor, 01.01.2006 - 31.12.2008.
• N S S College of Engineering Palakkad, Lecturer (Selection Grade), 01.06.2000 - 01.12.2005.
• N S S College of Engineering Palakkad, Lecturer (Senior scale), 01.06.1995 - 31.05.2000.
• N S S College of Engineering Palakkad, Lecturer, 01.06.1989 - 31.05.1995.
• Master Trainer of NBA Extent members, 2013-14
• EVC Member of NBA, 2013-2014
• Member PG Board of Studies, University of Calicut, 2010-2013
• Section Management Committee Member, ISTE Kerala Section during 2009-2012
• Elected member, Faculty of Engineering, University of Calicut, 2007-2010.
• Member Board of Studies, University of Calicut, 2007-2010
• Best paper award in the education track in the International Conference on Services Management, New Delhi 11-12 March 2005
• Overall Best Paper Award among 121 papers from 22 counties in the International Conference on services Management, New Delhi 11-12 March 2005
• Best paper in Marketing in the International Conference COSMAR 2005 held at 11Sc Bangalore 22-24 Sept 2005.
• Member faculty of Engineering, 1999-2002
• Guided 3 Ph.Ds from 3 Universities in 3 different arrears of research.
• Editor (Mechanical Engineering), International Journal “Journal of Engineering & Technology Research”
• Reviewer of Asian Social Science Journal, International Journal of Business Management, International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management, South Asian Journal of Management & International Journal of Educational Development.
• Expert visiting team member, AICTE
• Expert visiting team member, APJAKTU
• Published 104 Research Articles in International & National Journals and Conferences.
Skill and Knowledge Development Centre(SKDC), Punnapra
Vadackal P.O., Alappuzha – 688 003