The Course offered is B.Sc. Nursing. The duration of each course is four academic years as prescribed in the curriculum. Admission is through the allotment by LBS Centre for Science and Technology.
The Mission is to prepare nurses who will work in the hospital and community with dedication, devotion, compassion and kindness. To develop a Centre for Excellence in nursing which will provide Quality educational programs which are evidence based and encourages innovations to improve patient care. Every student nurse who passes out from this institute will be an epitome of nursing with adequate scientific knowledge and will be able to work at primary, secondary and tertiary levels of care within the country and abroad. Develop a research cell where the ongoing researches will help to improve patient care and nursing education.
CAPE College of Nursing Alappuzha started in 2023. It is affiliated to Kerala University of Health Science(KUHS).The College is situated near to Punnapra in Alappuzha district of Kerala State, 5 K.M from Alappuzha town.
Click for more information
B.Sc Nursing - 42 Merit seats and 8 NRI seats
• M.Sc. (Nursing.): M.A.H.E University (1998-2000)
• Post Graduate Diploma in Family Child and Adolescent Counselling: Kerala University (2009)
• Post Graduate Certificate in Childhood Disability Management: KUHS University (2019)
• S.H College of Nursing, Cherthala: Principal (08-09-2015 to 16-11-2023)
• Travancore College of Nursing, Kollam: Principal (01-Feb-2011 to 07-09-2015)
• Bishop Benziger College of Nursing, Kollam: Vice Principal (02-May-2009 to 31-Jan-2011)
• Archana College of Nursing, Pandalam: Vice Principal (01-Mar-2008 to 29-Apr-2009)
• M.G.M. Muthoot Medical Centre, Pathanamthitta: Vice Principal (12-Mar-2007 to 29-Feb-2008)
• M.G.M. Muthoot Medical Centre, Kozhencherry: Vice Principal (12-Sep-2005 to 28-Feb-2007)
• IBN AL Nafees Hospital, Kingdom of Bahrain: In-Service Educator (21-Sep-2002 to 31-Aug-2005)
• Saudi German Hospital Group, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA): Nurse Educator/Nursing Supervisor (15-Sep-2001 to 10-Jun-2002)
• Alvas Health Centre Moodbidri: Lecturer in College of Nursing (10-Sep-2000 to 03-Sep-2001)
• Manipal Academy Of Higher Education, Manipal: Tutor in Dept. of Medical Surgical Nursing (10-Mar-1997 to 01-Sep-1998)
• Pandyaraj Ballal Institute of Nursing, Magalapuram: Tutor in Dept. of Medical Surgical Nursing (01-Aug-1996 to 08-Mar-1997)
• Best Principal Award: Fr. Paul Cruz Foundation (2013-14)
• Best Nursing College Award: Travancore College of Nursing (2014-15)
Studies Conducted :
• Evaluative study on the effectiveness of a planned diet counseling program on the prevention of recurrence of renal calculi in patients with renal calculi in India.
• Descriptive study to assess the anxiety level among adolescents studying in higher secondary schools in Kollam district, Kerala.
Seminar/Educational Program Participation :
• Certificate - Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Course by Indian Institute of Emergency Medical Services
• Certificate - Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Course by Indian Institute of Emergency Medical Services
• Certificate - Trauma Resuscitation by the Department of Emergency Medicine S.U.T. Hospital, Pattom, Thiruvanathapuram
• Certificate of Participation in Training of Trainers in simulation-based medical education by KUHS University, Thrissur
CAPE College of Nursing Alappuzha
Vadackal P.O., Alappuzha-688003